It can be overwhelming to try and see everything festive in NYC during the holidays, but listed here are the top must see things that will sure put a smile on your face and get you into the holiday mood! Many events go through January. This list is in no certain order…
NYC Holiday Things to do in December:
- Rockefeller Center Tree: With more than 30,000 lights stands the iconic 94 foot tall Christmas tree that will remain lit until January 7th.
- Rockefeller Center Ice Rink: Skating on one of the most popular ice rinks in the world, Rockefeller Center Ice Rink is a must do when taking in all the holiday sights. A perfect tradition and one of NYC top attractions in Midtown Manhattan. https://therinkatrockcenter.com
- Christmas Tree and Neapolitan Baroque Crèche: Located inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art, this blue spruce tree stands 24 feet featuring 22, eighteenth century cherubs and 55 angels hovering over the nativity scene at the bottom. 69 figures representing the Nativity, traditional to 18-century Naples such as shepherds, the procession of the Magi and the townspeople. Christmas music plays in the background with daily lighting of the tree. http://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2015/christmas-tree
- Radio City Music Hall and The Rockettes: Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the famous Rockettes will bring a smile to every child and adult, getting them in the Christmas spirit like no other! Through January 2nd. http://www.radiocitychristmas.com
- Christmas Markets: The Columbus Circle Holiday Market located in Central Park doesn’t get more scenic and festive than this! Enjoy sipping hot cider, bites and hand-crafted gifts from local artist and vendors through December 24th. http://urbanspacenyc.com/columbus-circle-holiday-market/ Enjoy a European inspired open air market at The Winter Village at Bryant Park. Great shopping from local vendors to ice skating outdoors, you’ll be sure to have a unique NY holiday winter experience. Through January 2nd. http://wintervillage.org/shop/overview
- Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanical Gardens: See dedicated post here: NY Botanical Gardens Holiday Train Show or on PetiteGreek under Travel/NYC.
- Fifth Avenue Christmas Window Displays: See dedicated post here: The Magic of Christmas Windows in New York or on PetiteGreek under Travel/NYC.
- Saks Fifth Avenue Theatrical Light Show: see dedicated post here: Fifth Avenue Creates Magic as The Winter Palace Debuts or on PetiteGreek under Travel/NYC.
Photos by PetiteGreek on iPhone 6